Monday, August 31, 2009

PROJECT RUNWAY

So, Project Runway Season 6 has finally just begun! and I carry on relying on the generous people who uploads them onto Youtube to catch up with the craze. I've not always loved Project Runway, I used to think the challenges were too made-for-TV, unrealistic, and the judges' verdict a little disappointing. However, the recent 3 cycles with their respective winners Jeffrey Sebelia, Christian Siriano and Leanne Marshall made me believe in it more. The quality of the contestants have been much higher and their designs more convincing to me that they could be actual fashion designers in the current scene.

So far, I do not have a favourite yet, and I am super annoyed that Mitchell is still hanging on like that annoying person in ya life who you never know why he/she manages to survive around still. I was disappointed to see Ari go the first week, but I thought, OK, maybe Nina is right, MAYBE Mitchell just failed this one week and it did seem like he MIGHT have an opinion to come through yet. But then week 2 came, and Mitchell is still acting like an idiot, I was mad seeing Melvin go , especially when he did by losing to Mitchell! Mitchell's clearly a slop who's just clinging onto the edge and will be eliminated very soon (hopefully) anyways. He's whiney, annoying and can't sew. Let's have some real designers here man!! Ari and Melvin's ouftis were inappropriate for their tasks, but at least it showed that they were creative and could execute with skills. I mean I know they had issues to work on too and weren't the best, but Oh please please please, take Mitchell away from us soon.

What do you think?

Week 1 "Red Carpet Look" Challenge bottom two :

Ari

Mitchell

Week 2 "Pregnancy Chic" Challenge Bottom Two:

Melvin



Mitchell


Ok, actually after posting the pictures and looking at the outfits again, I guess if you didn't see what went behind the scenes, Mitchell's oufits did seem less ridiculous....

Well, OK, let's see what  he pulls out of his arse next week!

I also managed to find the All Star Challenge to watch! It was very exiciting to watch all these designers we've come to know and love from the past seasons, designers who we know will not disappoint us! True to Project Ruway fashion, all the designers seemed like in a pickle, and things weren't finished until the last minute, but when they were, magic adorns the stage!

I agreed with the judge's choice very much, I loved Daniel's collection the most, and I would wear every piece! However, I thought they weren't original enough... I somehow feel I've seen them done before already. Especially the Red Carpet final look, that dress looks very Gareth Pugh!


I never got Korto's aesthetics fully... somehow her designs don't seem current to me. They are always a little off to me.... but the judges loved it! (I loved her final collection at Bryant Park in her competing season much more.)


I think Mychael's outfits had some good ideas, but didn't like the colours. However, the simplicity of the sporty-ish (?) Berry dress was very refreshing.


Jeffrey's always been my favourite, love his Rock 'N' Roll styles, but a couple of his outfits here seemed too messy...  I definitely love the first Sequined little dress, loveee it! but the Jumpsuit, with that styling?
ERR...Sup?!


Satino's collection was perhaps a bit too easy, but I quite liked it too, tho that grey shimmery/rubbery lycra is... well, maybe let me lose about 50 pounds first, thanks.

SHOP NUTCASE FALL 2012 COLLECTION HERE!!!:

No comments: