Friday, September 4, 2009

Agyness Deyns as Michael Jackson

Harper's Bazzar dressed Aggy as the King of Pop for their latest fall fashion September issue.

This is just the start of many more MJ inspired fashion shoots and covers to come I'm sure.

But do you know what's really sad? It's JUST NOT THE SAME. Everyone of you know that Aggy is definitely one of my favourite models, but as much as I love her, for her to pose as MJ, or for ANYONE to pose as MJ, just highlights the pain of losing the irreplaceable Michael even more. A HK pop singer, Kahill, recently reinterpreted MJ's "Bad" in his new album, Timeless. I like Kahill, I think he's a great singer, in fact one of the only decent ones we have in HK nowadays. But hearing him sing "Bad" makes me sad. Because it's JUST NOT THE SAME. The voice, the tiny high pitched squeals, the emotions channelled through... I understand that a lot of talented people are just trying to pay respect to Michael, and to miss him in this their own ways... but I wish they'd stop doing it. Tell us by words, tell us by pictures, tell us by playing his music or videos.... don't dance, don't sing, don't ruin it!

No comments: