Thursday, February 11, 2010

I can't accept this truth

I can't accept it, I can't believe it, pls tell us this was a joke? Bring him back...please...

He is the spirit leader to us all aspiring fashion designers all over the world, I don't think I've ever had a conversation with any fashion lovers who did not adore McQueen and his creativity. He is that influential. McQueen and Galliano were THE very 2 designers who so inspired me to become a member of the fashion industry, Galliano is mad, he knows no boundaries and imagines up a whole other universe no man could ever image, McQueen, does exactly the same, but what's amazing is, he still keeps it wearble and with a commercial sensibility. Who ever asked me who my favourite designer is in an interview, it's always been McQueen without a doubt, in my mind, a designer is only successful if he/she can balance creative with commercial, and McQueen is the best at it, and I look up to him so much.

We have lost the greatest of them all.

McQueen has inspired so many of us to become fashion designers. He is a bloody amazing genius and everytime his new collection presents, I am gobsmacked and uplifted, like I might just be able to do anything, if someone else can. He never ever had a collection where it didn't shake the whole industry to its core. He just keeps it coming and everytime, it's even better.

I just can't imagine this day so soon and can't accept this truth.

R.I.P. You are amazing and beautiful, and the whole universe of fashion lovers will miss you so much.

No comments: