Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Are You Kidding Me?: Matalan= Fashion???!!!

This post has been long overdued. As a fashion designer by day, I do a lot of research online of a wide range of the latest fashion news. I started coming across pieces from Matalan in retail trends reports and the name rang a deep hidden bell In my head…. Matalan.. Matalan… hmm… oh.. Matalan!!! The chain stores known for very cheap priced clothing, located in desserted locations which I visited randomly to research while studying my Fashion Degree in the U.K.!!! Also a store which in my memory sells sad pathetic granny looking clothes that nobody would ever want to buy, a name I would NEVER associate with fashion.

So it came at a surprise that these Matalan pieces randomly poping up on trend ports start catching my attention, and I had to go check out their website.

I couldn't believe my eyes!! OK, let's be honest, it's no topshop, but there were so many right-on-trend items and the prices are INSANE!! Almost cheaper than Primark!?? These were from a month back… their summer range: Pastels- check! Tropical prints leggings- check! Fierce jewelry- check! Music Festivals must haves- check!!! If you are on a budget but in need of a wardrobe update, Matalan might just be the stop you need to make. Who ever saw this coming, eh?



These are a few pieces from their coming A/W range… can't wait to see more.


I don't live in the U.K. anymore thus without a chance to check them out in person, so I have my reservations about the fit and quality still, but… WOW WOW WOW! Does it also prove once again to me that U.K. is THE place I need to be at to persue my fashion career?! Even the less 'forward' labels are more forward than the 'forward' high street crap we have here…
 
love, Connie @ Nutcase Fashion http://nutcasefashion.etsy.com

No comments: