Friday, July 20, 2012

Neon Necklaces- this summer's neon mania!

You don't need us to tell you Neon is the hottest trend this summer, you can see it everywhere, all the high street stores are flooding with the neon stuff from tops, dresses, denim n accessories. So how to approach this trend without shining like a rainbow hot mess with some grace?

Accessories has always been a good channel to dip into a trend- it doesn't dominate your whole look that it makes you generic and too "on trend" (it can get a bit desperate looking innit?), and you can easily mix it up with any other outfits to create interesting new themes. Versatilities and possibilities accessories can bring to the table is probably the reason I love jewelry so much too to start with.

Which is why I chose to inject all this neon fun into my latest summer collection. It offers a range of affordably priced, unique neon necklaces +more that is truly one of a kind. Honestly, a lot of what's available out there is very Tom Binns/Dannijo inspired- the mass of neon painted rhinestone pieces of exploded onto the scene. It is what I'm insisting to stay away from to truly provide you something that is unlike any style you will see elsewhere, real statement jewelries that's making a statement and setting you apart from the others. True to Nutcase's design aesthetics of mixing up unlikely combos of materials, I used a lot of colourful ropes, chunky chains, iridescent coated beads (Iridescence also being one of the hottest trends this summer!) and most significantly, long fierce spikes studs. I love using spikes and studs because it reminds me to always be rebellious, to always retain the punk spirit and think outside the box. The end result is stunner pieces that will take you onto another level with this neon trend. They can easily be paired up with boxy tees for a so cal day look or rocked with a sports luxe dress for night time glamour. I'm very interested to see how my customers style them! The collection is called The Neon Mermaid, as can be seen I was also heavily inspired with the sea and water world and the idea of a sparkling mermaid donning my neon jewels ignited my creative juices to design the pieces.

That's all from me for now! Just wanted to share some of my thoughts on this huge neon mania this summer and introduce you to the collection :D they are available in my official online shop: http://nutcasefashion.etsy.com

No comments: